Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You know when you have the 'flu and it totally impairs your judgement and later on you're thinking back about some of the 'flu-induced stuff and you just think, 'Woah... crazy...'

Example: I *actually* liked Mariah Carey's We Belong Together when I had the 'flu. Then I made a recovery and didn't mind it so much, but didn't want to listen to it ever again. Of course, there were some unfortunate incidents of hearing it while shopping, but it didn't make me want to run from the stores. Now that I'm almost 100% better, today when the song started playing on my iTunes listy thing, I just thought to myself, "What on Earth!? Where was my sanity? This song is absolute bosh from one end of it to the other!"

I feel like I've dishonoured my usual music selection *hangs head in shame*

Perhaps I am a music snob in some ways, although I will listen to almost anything if it catches my interest (including Scottish bagpipe music, which is best played loudly on Sunday mornings whilst cleaning the house - nothing gives you a spring in your step like a nice jig to dance along to!). It's just that, in general, I don't like mass-produced pop crud. Most of it is annoying, most of it's not interesting or amusing (like the Backstreet Boys stuff of sobbing-into-tissues-romantic-serenades - like I care?), a lot of it is really skanky, heaps of the r'n'b/rap/hiphop stuff is violent and/or misogynistic and almost all of it makes me feel like my brain is rotting or something.

But happily, the next Rammstein album will be out in October, which is ear-gasmic. Cannot wait for it! *jumps around excitedly* Rosenrot, Benzin... hmm... yay! I think it's going to be called Reise, Reise Vol 2 or something like that, although it was originally going to be called Rosenrot. We'll see when it arrives, I suppose. YAY!

No comments: