Thursday, September 01, 2005


I keep dreaming of being in Russia.

Although it's not Russia, because it has elements of the Barossa Valley or Adelaide in it, which is unusual. But I've had such peculiar dreams about it all. I mean, the other night I dreamed of being in a park in Russia. The park had all of these architectural elements that reminded me of being the area behind the institute in Nuriootpa, but then I was speaking Russian with other people there and it was snowing on the grass and ice was forming over the little streams in the park. My dog and I were playing fetch or something like that, and enjoying the snow.

Then I dreamed of living in a Soviet-style apartment block with rugs on the walls and catching the train with people and carrying a suitcase with Russian script on the labels. And I met someone who spoke English and was happy to see them because I could talk to them in English, even though they also understood Russian.

Bizarre!

No comments: