Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I like politics.

But I hate office politics.

Office politics can suck the salt off of my peanuts.

You'd think people would be kind of above that sort of thing here, but hey, I guess there's just some people out there who aren't happy unless they're twisting the knife in (with a smile on their face, of course, and a cheerful, "God bless you!") or gossiping or taking the direct route and saying hurtful stuff to your face.

And people wonder why I tend to avoid going to church!

Or why other people I know (or have heard of) who have been treated in really sh*tty ways by church-run organisations don't bother to go to church.*

You'd kind of think that as Christians we'd know better when it comes to how we treat people, wouldn't you?

Hmm!

*Note: I'm not saying that I'm being treated in a sh*tty way by my work, btw, just that there are some things that are bugging me with it! The people who I know who've had issues with church-related employment have not worked where I currently do, but with other branches of church-related employment.

No comments: