Thursday, September 01, 2005

Duck!

See a penny, pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck

Well, after kicking around the house this morning trying to get in contact with work people about the conference thingy I'm meant to be at, all the while watching Der Krieger und Die Kaiserin and attempting to NOT think about how much work it'll take to clean the yard after the windstorms of the weekend (one small tree has literally been shredded, so that will take time to get fixed...), I decided to choof along to work because I may as well get a start on next week's stuff, right? Yeah. Or the week after's. You know... whatever.

So I headed out the door at about 9.50am or something like that, and on the way down the street after the street after mine on my walk, I found one shiny pretty 5 cent piece. The penny saying popped into my mind, so I picked it up and put it in my bag, thinking of other things that could make a new rhyme for the penny thing, some of them revolving around words that rhyme with 'luck.'

I guess today has been a bit of a better day, tho! I mean, my cold thingy is clearing up and my ear doesn't hurt hardly at all, which is genius! AND best of all, I can actually THINK! Because my brain had been on severe holidays for the past week (ie: to the point where I couldn't remember if the things I had on my shopping list were things I actually wanted..!).

And I got an e-mail from the lecturer dude who wrote that article I posted about last night, which was awesome! He told me that he wants me to try to get some of the articles I did for his class published, and wants me to keep in contact with him and let him know how I'm going, which I'll prolly do after I get sorted out after this weekend AND finish my damn tax forms. They've been languishing half-done on the table under some things and frightened the hell out of me when I found them yesterday *lol* I was like, 'Dum de dum de dum, dust dust dust... move papers... aiiiiieee!!!' *faint* At least I have until October, but still... heh!

The weather's nice today, too. And my parents are arriving, so they get to see how awful the place looks after wild windstorms *sigh* It ticks me off badly because I'd just cleaned up everything on Sunday and it was looking soooooo nice and then this massive wind/rain/hail/etc storm comes along and wrecks it all :( *shakes fist at clouds*

Best of all - Larie's coming for the weekend next weekend!!! YAY!!! We'll have a great time and hopefully the weather will be decent *lol*

Shopping, shopping, shop-ping! *does the shopping dance* This is freaking awesome! :-D

No comments: