Monday, July 25, 2005

Argh!!!

Well, the weekend wasn't too bad until late last night. Just before bed, my dog decided that he needed to throw up (it happens when he eats his food too fast sometimes - how delightful...). I picked him up to rush him outside so that he could do it out there rather than inside. It had been raining all evening, so the steps were a bit wet, and I guess I didn't think about that (hey, when you have a dog in your arms who's about to do a technicolour yawn...). Hit the steps to get down to the yard and *bam*... slip on the top wet step, fall down the stairs, my dog goes flying out of my arms and we both land in the gravel somehow... :-/

So I half-killed my dog pretty much :( I think the fall hurt his back pretty badly :( When we limped back inside, I put him to bed with the wheat pack against his back and I got into bed and tried to sleep. My lower back over my left hip is hurting like a b*tch, so is my ankle and somehow I've managed to bruise the top of my right hand, so if I'm hurting I can only imagine how much worse it is for my lil doggie :( :( :(

I've brought him in to work again so I can keep an eye on him. Hopefully he'll be okies :-/

Lesson to be learned from this: don't go anywhere near wet steps while carrying your ancient dog :( It'll only end in tears! :(

No comments: