Monday, July 25, 2005

Rosebud...

Citizen Kane still has to be one of the best movies ever made, and when I find it on DVD, I'm going to have to buy it (I remember that it made me cry in the media class I first watched it in - the sense of loss was almost edible).

Anyways... the day has improved by a little because I got an e-mail from someone I don't know who now goes to a church I used to go to. She said that she started going to that church two years ago, and the people there still talk about me and miss me, which made me burst into tears when I read it (I miss them dreadfully - some of my best friends go to that church). If I didn't live over 800kms from it, I think I'd still go :) Go Birdwood, you good thing! :)

And I'm listening to Nirvana here at work *happy sigh* I was talking about Nirvana with a friend yesterday and about how much of an influence they had on our lives. They were an amazing band and I think they captured the feel of adolescent angst so well. There's nothing that really has that sort of connection any more as much. Silverchair used to have a lot of similarities to Nirvana, but then they went all sort of mellow and dull. I guess with age, the fire in the belly gets extinguished.

Still, Suicidal Dream is an enduring favourite. And as for Nirvana... well... almost everything...

No comments: