Sunday, July 24, 2005

Save the whales - collect the whole set!

Work-in-progress - young Maori warrior. I got my Derwents out again, and have been messing around with multi- and mono-colour pencil work.

(The facial tattoos fascinate me)

Will stay up to more insane hours if the cricket is good and continue to sketch things and see how weird things become at 2.30am when I've had too much coffee but am dead to the world, other than shouting at the TV, 'That's not bloody out, you wanker of an umpire!' *lol*

And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding, there are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how...
Wonderwall, Oasis.

They've got British video night on Rage, which is causing some old memories of the mid-90s to resurface. The fashion was sh*thouse, but the music wasn't too bad, and times were pretty good.

I wouldn't change anything about that time, other than buying more Blur albums.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence - I just saw part of a show on tattoo rituals around the world and it spent some time looking at Maori designs... I really like the art involved, but the permanence scares me a bit...

Della said...

The art to traditional tattoos is amazing! But yeah, the permanent side of things is a bit scary. Still, they'd be cool to have - a great story to tell the grandkids at least.