Monday, July 11, 2005

what memory?

"I made a point to burn all of her photographs... I remember the face but I can't recall the name..." - Whatsername, Greenday.

For some reason this line in the song made me think of my ex and stuff with him and how I think I only ever had two photographs of him that weren't on the computer (the joy of digital photography, I guess). No idea where the photos of us at the Adelaide zoo are, though, so I may as well have burned them. As for the digital stuff, well... the delete button works well enough.

From an almost-three-year relationship, I have nothing, other than some Hello Kitty stuff he gave me for Christmas once and memories of things we shared. It's like it didn't ever even happen, almost, which is strangely kind of cool. I mean, are relationships really as easy to erase as that? Hmmm...

As for my ex, I can't remember his face, but I recall his name.

*shrugs*

Time marches on, never ending, I suppose. Oh well. Almost the end of the day.

No comments: