Thursday, July 21, 2005

Spite and Malice

Right now, I should be writing to Oliver - a letter that's long over-due. And then it'll be time to write to all of the other people I owe long-overdue letters to. Maybe this weekend will be entitled E-mail Weekend, rather than Work On Tax And End Up Trying To Spell Words On The Calculator Instead Weekend.

However, I don't feel like it ^.^

Really, I don't have anything to tell people about life at the moment. Oh wait... Taylor visited on Saturday, which rocked! YAY! :) Must try to catch up with him more. And with Bec, seeing as she's meant to be down here, too. Oooh... *shivers with anticipation* Excitement! *lol*

Other than that? It's just work, work, work, woooorrrrrk, more work, different kinds of work, and occasional sleep. Oh, and watch TV and try not to freeze to death at nights (mmm, wood fire). The most interesting thing that's happened lately was being woken up at 5am this morning by an eerie glow, which was caused the moon shining through the fog outside (and not aliens, which would have been more interesting).

I hate Winter. It makes the days far too short. The cold is bearable, but the shortness of days isn't. And no, it has nothing to do with my mild fear of the dark, thank-you Dale :-p Short Winter days just never allow for much productivity outside after work. I mean, when I get home, it's already dark and you only feel like curling up in front of the fire, eating something warming and taking doing sod-all to new levels.

Oh well.

Maybe I'll work on writing something this weekend other than e-mails. Maybe a book. Something interesting/crazy/unusual. I've been using the voice recording function on my phone to record witty comments/interesting thoughts/descriptions of things and so on lately, so maybe I'll sort through them and hear what's to be heard.

*picks up phone, sets record* 11.16am. Note to self. Write book on weekend. Make it amusing. Remember to check for termites under house. Investigate home loans. Don't forget to eat.

:-p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm well it's not winter here, but my desk could likely be classified under the "arctic" climate... I drink 5-10 cups of tea a day just to keep thawed out! (the good side though is that days are long)

Della said...

*lol* You should buy a heater :P